This morning as I left my apartment to head into town, I have realised that Summer is almost over (at least here in Germany). It's still warm, but the sun is gone, and the clouds have come out. In order to keep my summery spirits high and running I decided I needed some summery food. And what better than a tuna and olives dip with fresh veggies?
For two portions of dip you'll need:
- 178gr of tuna in olive oil (if you can't find that in water works too)
- Green pitted olives (how many will depend on how strong you want it to be)
- A teaspoon of garlic powder.
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- If your tuna isn't in olive oil, you will need about 2 tbsp of olive oil.
All you have to do is mix all ingredients in a blender, and blend until it becomes smooth. Serve in a pretty bowl and leave in the fridge until serving time.
And for the sides, I chose baby carrots and cucumber sticks, and some sunflower-seed bread (Did you know that Germany has over 300 different kinds of bread? Amazing!)
Anyhow, enjoy what's left if summer before fall comes!
Labels: dip, healthy food, olive, quick, recipes, simple, snack, tuna, tuna & olive dip