Spaghetti with Lemon Sauce

The weekend started like any other weekend, with the exception that all my plans had fallen through due to people's health. It really seemed as if everyone decided to get ill at the same time, leaving me planless and bored, but not for long. I decided to go to the market and get some fresh fruits and veggies for the week. The city was particularly busy today.

On the way a craving hit me: fish with a creamy pepper sauce and grated Gouda cheese all over! nom nom. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find any fish that looked good enough, so it will have to wait until next time. Instead, I went for this delicious and different recipe for pasta with a lemon sauce that is perfectly balanced between sweet and savory. And it only takes about 30 minutes to prepare it all.



For about 3 portions you'll need:
While the pasta is cooking, put together in a small pot the egg yolks, the lemon juice and zest, the white wine, the sugar, the salt and the pepper and cook at medium/low heat until creamy. Remember to keep on stirring it at all times. Once the egg cream is soft, add the cold butter in and stir until smooth. Add the cooked pasta in, serve and enjoy! :)
It may not look incredibly appetising,  but it's definitely one of the best non-traditional pasta sauces I've ever tried! It's surprise your tastebuds in a pleasant way. Try it out and let me know what you think!

What is your best non-traditional pasta sauces? would you add anything to this recipe?








Labels: , , , , , , ,