Home-Baked Pizza

Who doesn't love a good cheesy crispy pizza?

Home-Baked Pizza



What if I told you that now you can have this dream pizza in the comfort of your home even if you live in the most remote of places? You'd think I'm exaggerating, right? Well, I've got good news my friend, I'm not messing with you!

During my first year of college I learned this amazing pizza recipe, and it's not failed me, not once! One of my most treasured secrets, and I've decided it's about time it sees the world, or at least Your world ;)

For the purpose of these example I decided to prepare myself a mini tuna and olives pizza by cutting the recipe by 3, but for the average two large pizzas you'll need:

and then whichever toppings you want to use, and I'd suggest mozzarella rather than any other cheese, as it's great for grating.

In a small bowl mix the warm water with the sugar and the yeast, and set aside for about 5 minutes to work it's magic.

While the water mix gets ready, in a larger bowl mix the flour and salt, and prepare a well in the middle of the dry mix.

Once the 5 min. have passed our the water mix and the olive oil in the well and with a spatula combine all the elements, before kneading for about 6 minutes in a floured surface.

When the dough is elastic and doesn't stick to your fingers any more, place it in a bowl, cut an X shape on top of the ball of dough and pour a little olive oil. Cover with a dry cloth, place in a warm quiet place, and wait for about an hour or until doubles size. 

--- 1 hour later ---

Bring the dough back out. Punch the extra air out of the dough while the oven pre-heats at maximum power on convection oven mode.

Flatten it to desired shape and thickness. Spread the tomato sauce (tomato sauce with a pinch of salt and oregano), the desired toppings, and place in the oven for about 10 minutes.

You're probably asking yourself, why have I not mention the cheese so far! Well, I've not gone crazy, no, no, during my few years of making this glorious meal, I've learnt a small trick which makes a whole lot of a difference. If you put the cheese about 5 minutes before you're going to take your pizza out of the oven, the dough and toppings will be perfectly cooked and the cheese won't be burnt. Amazing, isn't it?? :)

Here is my pizza! Make yours now and let's enjoy it together ^^





Nom nom, enjoy!

-H

Oh and don't forget to follow us on our brand new:
   

Labels: , , ,