Mascaras to the Rescue

Hello there Mascaras Lovers !

There is no denying that mascaras can be found in the possession of most women. From the beauty obsessed, who go to any lengths to achieve their beauty ideal, up to those who prefer to keep it simple and natural, minimizing the products they use and time they spend on their looks
Photo credit
I am really picky about mascaras and eye makeup in general. This is because in some products, tiny particles can flake off  and enter the eyes which in my case leads to slight redness and irritation. Add to that working long hours in front of a computer, which strains and dries the eyes, you have the cocktail for disaster.

As if all the irritation and dryness were not worry enough, the north German weather conspires to give me the panda-eye effect, where the constant rain -sometimes horizontal- causes the mascara to run off.

So, belonging to the category of the beauty obsessed, I have tried many a mascara over the years, some I liked more than others, but all in all I can say that I had my fair share of experience and fun in the mascara department, and thanks to that I bring to you a review of the ones that I have been using now consistently for the last 2 years, the "crème de la crème" of my mascaras.

CLINIQUE HIGH IMPACT MASCARA
This tops the list as my favourite. It belongs to the pricey category, but I am happy to pay for it.  I got a free sample some years ago, and from the first use I noticed that my eyes stayed comfortable and irritation-free. After using up the sample-which lasted some time- I ran off to buy a new one. It doesn't cause the eyelashes to clump, and adds the desired volume.
CLINIQUE High Impact Mascara
Clinique High Impact Mascara

YVES ROCHER SEXY PULP ULTRA VOLUME MASCARA
This one is in the middle price range. I totally love it for the volume that it adds, and because I feel it makes my eyes more beautiful then any other on this list. In addition, I don't have to worry about it in the north German weather, it stays on even with horizontal rain, and after dancing class.
It doesn't cause noticeable irritation, but it doesn't feel like Clinique, after several hours a slight redness appears.

YVES ROCHER SEXY PULP ULTRA VOLUME MASCARA
Yves Rocher Sexy Pulp ultra-volume mascara 

SMASHBOX HYPERLASH
I got this one as a test a while ago, In general I like it, it adds volume, no noticeable irritation, but it didn't sweep me off my feet. 

SMASHBOX HYPERLASH
Smashbox HYPERLASH MASCARA

BENEFIT THEY'RE REAL!
This one also I got as a free sample, and I was very surprised to notice that it didn't add the promised volume! However, it caused no irritation whatsoever, I barely noticed I had it on, even though on the day I tested it I had to work more than 8 hours in front of a computer. Definitely one to try!

BENEFIT THEY'RE REAL
Benefit they're Real!

L'OREAL VOLUMEMILLION LASHES
This belongs in the affordable price category and even tho is good, it is my least favourite in this list.
It flakes and particles get in the eye. Also, it clumps and makes my lashes stick together to give the fly-leg effect . . . ugh.
On the upside it really gives the desired volume, mainly due to the fly-leg effect-surprise! -and I look pretty with it! so this one I use when partying with my gals, when I am to busy having fun to notice any irritation or dryness, and the lightning is usually dark so no one can notice the fly-leg effect.

L'OREAL VOLUME MILLION LASHES
L'oreal Volume Million Lashes 
All of them are great quality (at different price ranges), and which one you  chose will always depend on your budget and what you are looking for. Either way, who can live without mascara? Cos I surely can't. Which is your favourite mascara? Share it with me down in the comments!

R.

♥♥♥

Follow us on Facebook / Twitter / Bloglovin / Instagram

&

join our Newsletter (HERE) to get the latest posts
and discount codes for your favourite online 

shops straight into your Inbox

Labels: , , , , , , ,