Winter in the Big Apple has been a dream of mine for many years now.
The Christmas spirit, the snow, the bustling business of the city that never sleeps and the stillness of Central Park in the early hours. So I decided to put a list together of the things I'd like to go if I ever find myself in New York around Christmas time.
Bonus tip: A winter visit to the Big Apple wouldn't be complete without a quick (or not so quick) stop at Serendipity 3 (225 East 60th Street) to try their famous Serendipitous hot chocolate (This one and their frozen hot chocolate have been on my list for years! probably the first ones in). I suggest booking a table in advance (lunch or dinner here) as it'll be rather busy this time of the year.
- Walk through a snowed Central Park early in the morning (or any time of the day really!)
- Visit the Rockefeller Center Plaza, it's simply a MUST!
- But ice skate at Central Park's Wollman Rink or Bryant Park Ice Rink
- Buy something on Bloomingdale's to give yourself on Christmas, because you've earned it
- And Macy's Santaland should not be missed...trip down memory lane anyone?
- Since you're already at Macy's, why not do the rest of your Christmas shopping there?
- Snap photos in every corner, because who knows when you'll be back again.
- Go see a Christmas show at the Radio City Music Hall
- Check street Markets like the Bryant Park Holiday Market, which in Winter is transformed into a full on Winter Wonderland!
- Just stroll around, check the famous decorations out, let the Christmas spirit sink in
And if you, like me, enjoy Moodboards and cool travel, beauty, and fashion tips, head down to The Slow Pace blog, you won't regret it!
Anyhow, wouldn't it be absolutely magical? What would you do a Christmas in New York?
Labels: Christmas, moodboard, New York, New York Moodboard, travel, winter in the big apple